Wednesday, July 14, 2010

We're Engaged!!

The WHOLE story.....
Well to start ...in September 2003 Bryan and I met at Leslie (my best friend from college/her maid of honor) and Mike's (Bryan's brother/ his best man) wedding....years passed and our paths crossed several times along the way, but in December (thanks Leslie and Mike's triplets) I randomly emailed Bryan about pictures I had seen of him with the triplets to say hello. We hadn't talked in probably a year or so...he then called that night, we talked for a couple of hours.....the next day he emailed me and invited me to Denver the next weekend.....I am not a spontaneous person but I said sure (after several phone calls to Leslie!!)......and 7 months later we are here in Alaska together!

SO ON JULY 13.....
Bryan told me last week we were going to Girdwood on Tuesday... I had told him I really wanted to see this place and go up the tram! He was adamant that we would go Tuesday..red flag?? :) So we drove out after work....

Took the tram up to Seven Glaciers......
Alyeska Resort from the tram...
Couple hours before the big moment.....
Bryan was giddy and walking all over the place....so I thought he was going to do it outside...but he didn't!
So we go to Seven Glaciers to have a glass or two of wine.......

At this point I think Bryan was nervous...but later found out the ring was still in the car .....
The way back down......still no ring :)
After the tram we headed to the Double Muskee for dinner...
So we had dinner and just chit chatted nervously...then he had friend call and say that there was a DUI check point on the way back from Girdwood and we shouldn't drive back. At this point I knew something was up!! Bryan then suggested we go back to Alyeska and just get a room......(which had already been established). We walked in Room 560.....
Rose petals were on the floor....and Bryan immediately dropped to his knee! He said the sweetest words and we both had tears and he pulled the ring out of his sock! :) Yes sock!!
And I said YES!!!
There was champagne and chocolate covered strawberries (Thanks Katie, Clark, Kathy and Dan!) And the phone calls began!! We called our families and friends and just laughed and were so thankful for such wonderful people in our lives!

The self timer pics began.....
Bryan was all about the camera at this point! He was proud!
I was just thrilled and couldn't stop staring at my hand (AND still can't!!)

We both are so thankful for Leslie and Mike :)!! I am also thankful for all my friends and family who waited the journey out with me! It was sooo worth the wait! It is still so amazing to me that I am ENGAGED!?!?! I can't wait for this next step in ours lives to start......
Bryan is thinking...."Did I just do that??"
WE'RE ENGAGED!!!
Thank you for all the phone calls, emails etc etc etc......
I am one happy, lucky gal! I have met my true match!
FINALLY the pictures are uploaded :)
ENJOY!!
XOXOXO

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Well done on the planning, Bryan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears- So happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nate, thanks for helping out with the ring :) (AND shawn!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was awesome. I felt like I was there. Thanks for the details. So excited for you two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting!!! Love the story:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations - we are all very excited for the both of you! Who knew Bryan was so smooth, I mean rose petals and all, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love looking at your blog and especially the engaged post! Enjoy every second...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the play by play with photos!! Love the way he did it too. All looked so pretty and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. MIchael ...Think Katie was involved with that part :), but YES he did great!! Michael don't you do rose petals nightly for Tessa?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very very happy for you!!!!! When I think back on our PES days and the days after that....wow!!!!! You deserve to be happy! Can't wait to see you when you return. Love ya. Kimi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way he proposed! SO ROMANTIC!! You both look so happy! Love you! Becky

    ReplyDelete
  12. When is the big day, where will it be, and when can I buy you some dirty panties? Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. June 18, 2011...Beaver Creek/Vail Colorado at Red Sky Ranch! Almost 99% sure :). ....

    ReplyDelete